Monday, May 28, 2007

Polka Dot

I will applique a giant "dot" in the center of the blocks. I have 9 of the 12 blocks set, need to finish the strips that will go vertically between the rows. And then I will do more set strips in my darker polka dots for the outer border of the quilt. This pattern was in American Quilts and designed by "Piece of Cake" quilt designers, and fellow Oklahoman's! Becky & Linda.
I started this quilt 2 or 3 years ago and finally decided I want to be able to start using allll thos PD prints in other things, so I need to get this done. My only complaint about the pattern... did not give generous enough measurements for the foundation pieces. You have to really pay attention to make sure you don't loose a corner... May very well be sewer error... but I prefer generous pieces that I don't have to be so aware of. Other than that, loving how it is turning out.
Posted by Picasa